Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Why don't I have a cat?

Why don't I have a cat? Because cats poop. Every time I see a cute cat, my heart melts. They're soft and cuddly and do their cat things. But I am not a fan of litterboxes, so we will never have a cat unless we have a pet door so it can go outside and do its business.

The same is true for dogs of course - about pooping outside, that is. In the dirt, not the lawn.

I like dogs, too, although they don't tug at my heart like cats. I don't know why.

Also, cats leave fur around, which wouldn't be too much of a problem for us, because we keep things pretty clean (and Mari's Christmas present will help with that, wink, wink). But Mari's dad is allergic to pet fur, so we're reluctant to get a non-hypoallergenic pet.

Mari also points out that Dan is allergic to cats, but I told her he would be offended if we failed to buy a cat on his account.

At any rate, no pets until after the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment